Flooring in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
2018 certainly threw out some surprises when it comes to flooring trends, and 2019 looks set to follow. The advances in flooring technology and the rise of home renovations has seen a remarkable amount of diversity in floor design over the last twelve months. While these changing trends might not be as swift to switch as clothing and fashion, flooring has rightly become one of the more important changes to make to a property.
As cultural needs continue to evolve, so too does flooring, and choosing the right floors for your property is as important as ever. As well as practical issues, aesthetics are all important. With that in mind, here’s a rundown of the flooring trends that you can expect to see become the must-haves for Charleston property owners in 2019.
The Versatility of Vinyl
The 1980s resulted in vinyl flooring having something of a bad reputation. While they were massively popular and came in a range of stunning styles and designs, they quickly developed a sense of being outdated. That has slowly changed over the last few years, and 2019 looks set to see the return of vinyl flooring in a big way. This is because:
- There is a much wider range of new and fresh designs, styles, and colors.
- They are a versatile flooring option that allows for more control over the finished look.
- Vinyl flooring is low cost and low maintenance.
The 1980s are over, and 2020 looks like seeing widespread use of Luxury vinyl flooring as a classy and effective flooring choice.
This isn’t about the color choice, it’s about the environment. As Charleston residents become more aware of their carbon footprint and the need to be more eco-friendly, that need is going to be reflected in flooring in 2019. The surge in popularity of eco-friendly flooring has been huge, and 2019 is going to see that continue. There are some popular ways to make your flooring greener. These include:
- Recycled Carpet: It helps that more modern carpets are now made from recyclable materials. However, perhaps the most popular option for eco-friendly carpeting is through using carpets that have already been made from recycled material.
- Reclaimed Wood: Hardwood flooring is always a popular flooring option, but using reclaimed wood not only helps your home have a lower environmental impact, but it can also be a cost-effective option as well. You can use reclaimed wood that has come from long-felled trees, but always check that the reclaimed wood you use comes with an FSC certified label.
- Cork: This is going to be one of the most popular flooring choices in 2019. Not only is cork flooring a natural material, but it is also able to absorb excess carbon dioxide in the air as well. Flame resistant and easy to clean, cork flooring is an option that more and more people are integrating into their homes and workplaces.
It’s not all about the materials. Color is a major factor to consider when it comes to choosing a new floor type. 2019 looks like being the natural year. Those softer, warmer, more neutral colors are not something that you might have seen even a decade ago, but their popularity has been steadily rising. Partly this is due to the calming and relaxing nature of these colors.
- Copper-tones are the current front-runner regarding popular color choices, but rose-golds are increasingly becoming more common to see as well.
- Gray continues to dominate the flooring market. It’s a little unfair to call gray a trend, as that implies that it may be nothing more than a fad. Gray has been one of the most popular flooring colors of the last five years, and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. For Charleston kitchens, gray floors (as well as the cabinets and kitchen furniture) add a touch of the chic, and all while allowing other colors to pop without clashing.
The Look of Wood
It’s no real surprise to see wooden floors as an expected trend in 2019. It’s one of those flooring looks that has never really gone out of fashion. However, traditional wooden flooring can be notoriously costly, so accessibility was always a concern.
That’s why 2019 looks like being the year where wooden floors in the shape of planking are one of the biggest sellers.
This new way of getting that wooden flooring you’ve always dreamed of without spending all of your savings is going to be huge in 2019. Wooden planks can be used in a huge number of ways, making them much more versatile than traditional wooden flooring options. Waterproof and durable, and all with that luxurious aesthetic that wooden floors always provide, don’t be surprised if wooden planks become the number one Charleston flooring choice over the next few years.
The Marvel of Marble
Like wooden flooring, marble floors have long been considered the expensive choice that is beyond the means of most. That’s not going to be the case for long. As people continue to look for more natural materials in and around their Charleston homes, marble is already starting to make its presence felt in the flooring market.
With lower price tags than you might expect, a marble-look floor is more accessible than ever and is one of those flooring types that will never go out of fashion.
You can get the marble look without the traditionally high costs by opting for ceramic tiles or even vinyl versions. If you’re looking for a little more class in 2019, then the right marble floor in your kitchen or bathroom could make you feel like a millionaire, and all without that millionaire’s bank balance.
If you’re looking for a new flooring idea, then these are the most popular options to consider in 2019. Your floor choices have to be lived with for a long time, and they can transform the look and feel of your home. Make sure that you get the right advice and be aware of your options. Flooring is more accessible than ever, and with the right planning, you could become a floor trendsetter throughout the next year.