If you are replacing the flooring in your home, you will want something resilient, easy to maintain, attractive, and long-lasting. After all, you don’t replace your floors every few years. We at Palmetto Carpet and Flooring Coverings are a leading company in this industry and always focus on providing clients with value for money.
It’s why we recommend luxury vinyl flooring to our clients.
What Is Luxury Vinyl?
While there are several flooring materials on the market, if you are looking for the perfect balance of quick installation, cost-effectiveness, aesthetics, and durability, luxury vinyl is the way to go. This durable material mimics the appearance of stone or hardwood at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. It is also called LVP or LVT and has multiple layers that improve its durability and ease of maintenance, giving it a thickness and fantastic texture.
Is Luxury Vinyl Waterproof?
Yes, luxury vinyl is 100% waterproof, making it an excellent flooring option for various settings, including bathrooms and kitchens. The multiple layers lend it a robustness that helps it withstand spills and scratches, heavy foot traffic, and moisture.
What Are The Different Types Of Luxury Vinyl Flooring?
This flooring comes in three forms:
- Planks- These are a good option if you want floors that look like hardwood. The planks look like hardwood boards.
- Tile– This type of luxury vinyl replicates stone and can be used to create intricate patterns.
- Sheet– This is a good option for kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, or any other spaces that see a lot of moisture and water. You can choose between 6 and 12 feet long sheets, which results in fewer seams after installation. These sheets can also mimic the appearance of tile, stone, and hardwood.
What are the Differences Between Standard Vinyl and Luxury Vinyl?
There are several differences between standard vinyl and luxury vinyl. Here we will look at what these are to help you make a better-informed purchase decision:
- Form-Standard vinyl flooring is available in square tiles and flexible sheets. Luxury vinyl is available in tiles or plank form.
- Thickness– Standard vinyl has a thin felt or fiberglass-backing layer over which the vinyl is bonded. A design is printed on the surface and covered with a transparent protective layer. It is thin and flexible, with an upper layer of 10-15 mil. Luxury vinyl has wear layers in the 2-0mm thickness range (with 6-8 layers), making them semi-rigid and thicker than standard vinyl.
They have a cushion layer underneath, making them more comfortable to walk on. The upper surface has a design layer, a clear wear layer, and a clear topcoat that adds shine. Some stone-look luxury vinyl products include pulverized limestone or some other ground mineral content to lend it thickness and texture.
- Installation Method- Standard vinyl uses a full-glue-down bond. Luxury vinyl is a floating installation with click-lock edge joints.
- Lifespan– Standard Vinyl flooring can last for up to 15 years, while LVT can easily last for up to 25 years.
- Value– Regular vinyl is considered a “budget” flooring, while LVT is regarded as a premium flooring option.
- Appearance– Standard vinyl sheets/tiles come in colors and designs that resemble tile and natural stone and wood. However, since the surfaces are smooth, the effects are not convincing. In comparison, vinyl luxury flooring is specifically designed to simulate the appearance of wood. The latest luxury vinyl products are pretty convincing, and many people are now opting for these products in place of laminates.
- Durability– Standard vinyl flooring has a softer surface, making it susceptible to tears, scratches, and dents. Most repairs become very noticeable, and people ultimately end up replacing the entire sheet/s.Luxury vinyl is far more durable because the product’s wear layer is thicker. If a particular plank gets damaged, you can replace that particular piece.
What Are the Benefits of Luxury Vinyl?
All of the differences discussed above are, in many ways, the benefits of luxury vinyl flooring. However, let’s take a detailed look at what these are:
- LVT is a highly affordable alternative to many other modern flooring products, lending a luxurious look to your home more cost-effectively
- It is moisture-resistant, making it suitable for areas like bathrooms and kitchens
- It can ensure heavy traffic
- Provide outstanding traction and slip-resistance
- It is comfortable underfoot due to the cushioned layer
- Maintenance is easy because you don’t have to be too delicate while cleaning it, giving it a deep clean when required
- It provides some level of sound insulation and is quieter to walk on
- Mimics the appearance of tile and natural stone
- Easy click-lock installation
- you can replace damaged tiles easily
- It can last for 25 years or more depending on where it is installed, the amount of traffic it sees, and how well you maintain it.
We are a leading carpet store and can provide you with the best luxury vinyl flooring for your home.
Professional Luxury Vinyl Flooring Installation
Even when you opt for premium flooring materials, you must hire experienced professionals for the installation if you want the surfaces to last long. The shoddy installation will only affect the appearance and performance of your new flooring. It’s where the services of well-established flooring companies come in.
Professionals at these companies can help with flooring questions and answers, helping you make a better decision about the type of floors you want. They will guide your choices and provide inputs, so you get value for money in the materials you select for your home’s flooring.
High-Quality Vinyl Flooring At The Best Carpet Store
In addition to luxury vinyl flooring, the other materials you can choose from at our tile store include ceramic tiles, laminate flooring, and hardwood flooring. Each of these materials has its pros and cons, and you must collect all the information possible before making your final decision. Once you have made your luxury vinyl flooring selection, we will complete the installation to industry standards.
We at Palmetto Carpet and Floor Coverings cover all our work with at least a three-year warranty. For any more information about this and our other services, feel free to call our established carpet store experts at (843) 881-6868. Alternatively, please fill out this Online Form, and one of our team members will contact you shortly.